1. The certificate reader is not turned on properly. The control indicator on the device should illuminate.
2. You did not push the card with the electronic certificate all the way into the card reader or orient it correctly (in most readers it is correct for the chip to be turned up and not visible when the card is in the reader).
3. You have not properly installed all the necessary software to use the electronic certificate. Make sure that the electronic certificate is read in the (Control Panel/ Internet Options/ Content/ Certificates/ Personal).
4. You tried to apply for an electronic certificate through a Mozilla Firefox browser that is not set up to work with an electronic certificate. Contact the certification authority whose certificate you are using to obtain the Mozilla Firefox browser settings.
5. The internet browser did not read the electronic certificate correctly. Close and then open your browser, then try signing in again.
6. Make sure you have more than one certification authority installed on your computer.
If you have checked all of the above reasons and still do not manage to access the Portal using an electronic certificate, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org